My incentive for joining this year didn't come from a need to get rid of rainbow colored scraps. You see, I have been wanting to come up with a way to use up a bunch of black and white fabric chunks I have in my stash and I think the addition of the rainbow colors will help me do that.
How the challenge works is each month Angela picks a color of scrap to use. You choose a block design (or several) and make a few blocks each month using that color. (For January, the color is medium blue.) So by the end of the year, you have enough blocks in a rainbow of colors to put together a quilt top. If you are intrigued, you can read more about it here.
I decided I am going to try and make 4 blocks each month - two using a predominately black fabric and two using a white. For the inner 9 patch, I will be using some scrap 2.5" squares that seem to litter my sewing room.
I am already looking forward to the next color!
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!