Monday, February 23, 2015

Irish Chain Twist - Improv X Block Finish

I have to admit that one of the things I really enjoy about Melissa's Quilt Alongs is she does such a great job of breaking down the homework each week.  Even with a busy schedule, you can easily accomplish what needs to get done to keep up.  In no time at all, I finished this week's assignment for Happy Quilting's Irish Chain Twist Quilt Along.



 
 
I did not have quite enough print fabric to complete all of the blocks so I decided to add a solid.  I ended up with quite a few of my X blocks with one leg a darker peach.  It will be fun to see how this affects the layout!


 


It is not too late to join in the fun.  If you have never done one of Melissa's Quilt Along, I highly recommend them.  The instructions are clear and the weekly assignments are broken down so they are easy to accomplish.  And did I tell you there are prizes?!





If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 
 
  
Linking up:

Happy Quilting

2 comments:

Stitchin At Home said...

I think they will look neat sprinkled throughout the top.

Melissa Corry said...

Way to get all of your blocks sewn up!!! I love that sprinkling of dark peach, they are going to be so fun!!

01 09 10