I feel so fortunate that I have a number of friends that are quilters. They are always there to encourage, support and enable! As I have mentioned before, they are also very generous with their fabric scraps.
And one thing I have discovered is often they have some of the same fabric collections in their scraps. So now I find myself collecting scraps for certain collections - it has become like a treasure hunt for me!
Last night I started hand sewing the binding on a quilt that I don't think I have shared much on. Here is a sneak peak at some of the blocks I used in the quilt. I have been collecting scraps from this fabric line for a couple of years and these are a few of the blocks in the quilt. Many of these scraps were gifted but some were pulled from the trash bin, traded for, and raided or practically plundered in good fun from other quilters - each little piece I found tucked safely away in a plastic bag until I felt I had enough for a quilt.
I definitely have a scrap problem.....
(Be sure and check back on Friday when I hope to share the finished quilt.)
Now it is your turn to share your scrap projects - I need to feel like I am not the only quilter crazy for scraps!
Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt
Cooking Up Quilts