I was so looking forward to a weekend spent sewing scraps, but sadly, my computer printer had other ideas. After many hours spent trying to get it to work, I finally just went and purchased a new one. I am happy to be up and running again but not a lot of sewing occurred.
Which is a bummer because I am having a lot of fun with my newest Scrap-A-Palooza quilt!
A few days ago, I shared I was going to make a quilt using my odd shaped scraps. My fabrics were going to be white and gray for the background pieces and some red triangles I found in my scrap bin.
I started each block by just grabbing two pieces of similar size. As I stated, I limited by background fabrics to low volumes in white, cream or gray.
Once I sewed those two pieces together and pressed, I clean cut a side to prepare it for sewing the next piece to it.
Once again, I tried to find a scrap that was about the appropriate length so I didn't have a lot of waste.
I continued to clean cut and add various scraps to "grow" the piece to about 6.5" square.
I used my 6.5" square to help me visualize where I needed to add fabric. You can see in the photo above, I need to add a narrow strip across the top. And in the big corner, that is where I plan on putting my red scrap.
Once again, I just make sure I have a clean cut to sew the two pieces together. The final step is to just square the block up to 6.5".
It didn't take long for me to have a nice stack of finished blocks. My initial plan was to stick to just red for an accent but I also found a few odd shaped pinks so they are being added into the mix.
I hope to still find time this weekend to sew up a few more blocks. Once I have about 48 completed, I will start playing with some layouts so stay tuned!
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)