Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day!
With a new month comes a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The color for May is green - a color I seem to have an awful lot of scraps in.
First up are my chain blocks. I made up another two blocks in dark green because I previously made some in lime. Last month I made the decision to frame my blocks. I will be turning these into two kid size donation quilts at the end of the year.
I started this project at the end of last year so I have 6 colors done to date. Each block is 14" so a setting of 3 x 4 blocks will work perfectly - and take me out to the end of this year's challenge.
I also finished a little green piglet. I finally have a plan for these blocks too. But you will have to wait until the end of the year to see the setting. Sorry!
Here is the entire litter so far. For my vision, I will need about 9 oinkers so this project will finish up this year also.
And I have been steadily completing my neutral string blocks. I think I only have a batch of 5 left to finish. So I am hoping to see a finished quilt soon!
Now, how about you...what fun scrappy projects have you been working on. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
Rainbow Scrap Challenge