Sunday, October 23, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Rainbow Scrap Challenge Blocks

The month of October means that the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2016 is coming to a close.  This year I also participated in the scrap sampler Angela hosted and have now completed all of the blocks. 




Recently, she posted the directions for the last block design.  She decided to change the design of the block into something with less background.  I really liked her initial block so I decided to design up something of my own.  I already had all the pieces cut when I discovered my little math error but I still like the resulting blocks.

Now it is time to start playing with a layout and work on getting this quilt top ready for quilting!

What scrappy projects have you been working on.  Please share!


  *******************************

Now it is time to share what you are using your scraps for.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







13 comments:

Chantal said...

Don't know what "error" there was in the designing of the block because they sure look perfect to me. Love the little "plus sign" in the sashing. Very well done. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks great to me

Cathy said...

I'm not making the RSC quilt but I do think I like your "error" version of the block better than the original. They look like flowers to me.

Kate said...

I like your "erroneous" blocks too. The little cross in the middle is unexpected and I really like the look. Happy stitching this week.

em's scrapbag said...

I really like your block. Looks like the math error was a fortuitous mistake. I just love when that happens.

Julie in GA said...

I like your version of the block very much. Can't wait to see all of your blocks together!

Run 'n Stitch said...

It's not an error, it's your own design. Lovely!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your design, too! Makes me think flowers! I'm looking forward to seeing how you put your blocks together.

Paige said...

Love those colors, great blocks!

Nancy said...

These blocks look so stunning all together, Cynthia. I love the little cross in the center. It adds another element of interest.

Cathy said...

I absolutely love your little scrap blocks. The design is fantastic!

One Wee Bird said...

I am a sucker for plus quilts and really like your design!

Lucy M. said...

So cute! I love your version! Would you consider sharing your cutting directions for this block?

01 09 10