Sunday, October 9, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Scrappy Charming Plus QAL


Are your scrap bins overflowing?  Do you need a fun project to inspire you to sew them up?  Tisha at QuiltyTherapy is hosting a Charming Plus QAL and it is a perfect design for using scraps!




I plan on joining her - I have WAY too many scraps right now!  The QAL will start on October 15th and run through November 15th.  But you have until December 15th to link up your finished quilts.  If you are interested, you can read more about it here.

If you do join in, I hope you also share your progress here on Oh Scrap!
I would love to see your progress.

******************************* 
Now it is time to share what you are using your scraps for.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think just about every quilt I make is taken from the scrap bins in the shoe boxes or from the shelves where I have all the left over pieces that are big enough to fold sitting on the shelves. For the hexies I am using pieces that are in the boxes on the shelves - anything folded in the boxes on the shelves (open so I can see) are a partial fat quarter sometimes I will find a full fat quarter in them. But all fabric are leftovers from what I used to buy years ago.

SandraC said...

I am so tempted by this QAL but I just cannot start something else til the new year!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So tempting! I love plus quilts. I will definitely follow along with the QAL even if I don't stick with the timeline.

Kate said...

Looks like a very fun quilt along.

gayle said...

The qal looks like fun, but here I am up to my earlobe in the projects I put off while working on the Gwennie qal! Though I am looking at this pattern and thinking 'charm squares'. And I was planning to make a plus quilt some day... dagnabbit!

allthingzsewn said...

Morning, I going over to check out the QAL I have one I have to get done by Christmas, this may be it.
I found you over at Debbies stitchin therapy. I grabbed your Oh Scrap button but I'm still sorting scraps so it might be a little while before I join in. I'm interested int the Ohan Adoption badge could you tell me a little about that, I clicked on it but it doesn't seem to be active. I think this might be something I want to get ready for.
Have a great weekend.

Nann said...

Thanks for the link to the QAL. I'm in, but I'm quite sure I'll have the quilt finished WAY before December 15.

01 09 10