Tuesday, March 14, 2017

An Afternoon Spent Cutting

I don't often make 3D items but this afternoon, I spent a couple hours cutting out just these types of items.




First up, I cut up some knit fabric for another Linden Sweatshirt (Pattern by Grainline).  I did not make the best fabric choices for my first attempt.  And while the shirt is wearable, there are a few adjustments I want to make.  This new fabric is not quite as stretchy and I made some adjustments to the length of the sleeves.  I can highly recommend the pattern.  It is super quick and easy!





Next, I pulled some fabrics and coordinating zippers to make some eye glass pouches.  My baby sister just turned 50 and now needs readers.  (Hee Hee!)  She asked me if I would make a few for her.




I already finished two of them.  I needed a chocolate brown thread for this print so I could just sew these two assembly style.  The last four, I can sew with a medium gray thread so I can work on them all at once.  I will let her choose which ones she wants. 

But I will definitely be putting silly little notes in them!
(Because that is what big sisters do!)


Hope your week is going well!





Linking Up:

Freemotion by the River (Linky Tuesday)

8 comments:

Lilpuddin said...

Lol! I love that you're going to put a playful note inside your sister's new eyeglass cases. A friend of mine once said, when talking about her need for reading glasses after 40, "I turned 40, and suddenly my arms were too short for me to see the page!"

Jayne said...

I'm not quite at the clothing making stage of my life, but I'm watching to see what you do! Your sister will love the glasses cases! Fifty...just a babe!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Pretty! Your sister is going to love the cases.

-Soma

Barb Neiwert said...

I gave up clothes making years ago; that's why I turned to quilting :) Your sis will love the glass case, but maybe not the notes, lol.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good for you for trying some clothes-making! It sounds like a good idea to make this sweatshirt a second time, and make some changes based on the first one. I love those little eyeglass pouches - so useful! I haven't made a new pouch in awhile, and feel like it might be time. They're so much fun!

Kate said...

My only clothes sewing in recent years has been minor formal alternations for Drama Teen. I'm not sure I could even sew a 5/8" seam anymore. The glass pouches look like fun.

travelinsewl said...

For me, the cutting is the hardest part. Good job. I would sew so much more if I didn't procrastinate that job. Good luck with your projects.

Jasmine said...

What cute bags. I'm the baby sister in my family. Your baby sister is so lucky!

01 09 10