Happy Mother's Day!
Lots of beautiful blocks are starting to arrive for me to make into quilts for Kat's Covered In Love quilt block drive for May/June. It has been so fun to see the bright fabrics other quilters have in their scrap bin.
It takes 35 blocks to make a quilt top so when I reached receiving that many by Saturday, I quickly tossed them up on one of my design walls.
I love how the little white strips on the sides make instant sashing!
No rhyme or reason to placement here. I just wanted to see what I had and count the blocks of each color.
A quick shuffle in placement and I had a diagonal color placement layout all ready to sew up into a quilt top. I might make a yellow block to replace that bottom right orange block and use that orange one to start the next quilt. I am sure I have some yellow scraps somewhere!
Are you curious where these blocks came from? I decided to test my US geography skills and color in the states I receive blocks from.... This exercise quickly identified I need to go back to grade school! Thank goodness for Google :)
I know more blocks should be headed my way so there will be more block layouts to share. If you want to contribute, you can read more about the organization and making the blocks here.
Thanks so much!
It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Follow Me on Bloglovin' Follow me thru Email Follow me on Feedly