Sunday, February 11, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Scrappy News

It has been so great to see so many people participating in the Squared Away Sampler.  I have really enjoyed seeing how everyone interprets each block.



I loved the block for January and was worried once February's block was released, I was going to loose interest in the QAL.  Not so!  This month's block is a winner too!



Also on the scrap front, I have been sewing up 4-patches as leader and enders.  I was originally going to just stick with the RSC color but as you can see, I have been sewing up a rainbow.  So far I have 125 blocks tucked safely away.


Quilting is more fun than Housework

I also want to give a heads up that there will be a Quilty Orphan Adoption Event this spring.  I am planning on having the linky party going live on the 15th of March and running through Saturday the 17th.  So take a look at what is hiding in your sewingroom - maybe there is something you want to put up for adoption.  I know I recently did a bunch of purging!

If you want to read more about this event, you can check out last Fall's event.
This is also a great time to adopt a project and finish it up for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  The timing is perfect!


******************************************
It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!








Linking Up:


15 comments:

Kate said...

Your Squared Away blocks look great. Using two different fabrics gives them a very different, but fun look.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all your scrap projects and I have more scrappy projects going then I remember half the time and one day or two or three I need to get to work cutting up more of my scraps and pre-cut pieces in boxes so they are ready to make more

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like fabrics you picked for your Feb Squared Away blocks! Glad you're still playing along. The four patches look like fun, too! Enjoy your Sunday, Cyndy!

Jayne said...

I am not doing the challenge...but I love seeing what you are doing! I can be tempted easily with a fun QAL or challenge.

Cheryl said...

I love your work with scraps, the purple blocks are very fun.

chrisknits said...

I am loving the blocks from this QAL. Yours are stunning, love the fabrics.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your purple blocks are beautiful, love the fabrics

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your piecing is so perfect. These blocks will all be so lovely sewn by you. What a great stitch-along.

Karen's Korner said...

I am seeing more gorgeous scrappies happening.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great purple samplers blocks. I started some today and hope to show them off next week. Great little Leaders and enders. I have to find another one to do soon too.

Jo said...

Great stitching blocks. Good to see you have done more Squared Away blocks.
I still haven't done any sewing but next weekend is looking good.

Pamela Arbour said...

Your RSC blocks are beautiful. I also enjoyed seeing all of your 4-patches. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Jasmine said...

I have had so much fun catching up on your blog today. I loved seeing your stash and your projects. That colorwash rainbow Strings is stunning!

Katie said...

Great blocks! But honestly your orphan adoption has me more intrigued in this post. I'm participating in a UFO challenge and there's one project on the list that I'm really dreading...maybe I'll decide this is the right way to deal with that UFO...?

Turid said...

Your QAL blocks are beautiful. So lovely to use up scraps in those four patch blocks. I had to link another project this week, as I made a typical scrappy thing for Valentine's. And there's a tutorial too. Hope it's OK.

01 09 10